There are several ways to remove adhesive from the concrete floor. You can use chemical adhesive removers, floor sanders, floor scrapers, and coarse sandpaper and grinder, among others. In this article, we are only going to focus on the best adhesive remover for concrete floors.
Adhesive removers are also known as mastic removers. Some removers are stronger than others so the most appropriate type to use depends on the situation of your floor.
Also, it depends on the type of flooring. However, in this review, we shall only talk about the adhesive removers suitable for concrete floors.
Best Adhesive Remover for Concrete – Comparison Table
|BLUE BEAR 500MR Mastic remover for concrete surfaces||Check Price at Amazon|
|WM Barr Floor adhesive remover||Check Price at Amazon|
|GOO Gone Pro Power professional strength adhesive remover||Check Price at Amazon|
|Goof Off Gunk adhesive remover||Check Price at Amazon|
|Sentinel 626 Carpet Adhesive Remover||Check Price at Amazon|
Best Carpet Adhesive Remover for Concrete Reviews
1. BLUE BEAR 500MR Mastic remover for concrete surfaces
This is the best remover for getting rid of glues and adhesives on a concrete floor.
Did you just remove the glued-down carpet or tiles on your concrete floor and are wondering how to remove the adhesive residue?
This remover softens the adhesive making it easy to remove without using too much energy.
All you need to do is pour it over the mastic and let it sit for a couple of hours or overnight depending on the size of the floor.
The adhesive will come right of with a little scrapping using a floor scraper.
- Easy to apply
- No toxic smells
- Remove the black and asbestos mastic, ceramic mastic, vinyl glue, and carpet adhesives
- Contains less than 3% VOC
- Needs to be left overnight for best results.
2. WM Barr Floor adhesive remover
This is also a strong floor adhesive remover that is safe to use on concrete, wood, metal, and even masonry.
It is an improved product from the old one that contained methylene chloride which was not safe for indoor use.
This mastic remover is very effective in that it softens the adhesive within 24 hours making it very easy to strip off even on large surfaces.
- Easy to use
- Low odor hence safe for indoor use
- Does not contain toxic chemicals like VOC and methylene chloride
- It is biodegradable
- Available only in a 3.785 Liter gallon
3. GOO Gone Pro Power professional strength adhesive remover
Goo Gone is a trusted brand that is known to produce products meant to get rid of sticky messes and stains around the home.
This glue and adhesive remover are safe to use on a variety of surfaces including wood, ceramic/porcelain surfaces, concrete, painted surfaces, metal, and even glass.
It does not only help to remove adhesive and glue but also tape and sticker residue, tar, wax, wet paint, silicone caulk, grease and grime, and asphalt.
In addition, it can be used to clean stains off carpets.
To use this mastic remover, pour some in a spray bottle and spray them on the floor. Let it sit for a while and then use a flooring scraper to remove the adhesive. Repeat this process if necessary to get rid of all the adhesive.
- Can be used on multiple surfaces
- Easy to use
- Great for removing carpet adhesive and stick down tiles glue on concrete
- Works fast
- Leaves behind a nice orange citrus smell
- Not ideal for the wood floor as it may strip the finish off.
4. Goof Off Gunk adhesive remover
Goof Off is a glue remover that is in gel form and meant to remove the toughest adhesive residue from concrete as well as, tile, plastic, and vinyl surfaces.
It is also a great cleaner for spills and grease so it can be used to clean oil and grease splatters in the kitchen.
In addition, Goof off can be used to get road tar off the car or remove dried glued from wood or wooden flooring.
- It is unscented
- Does not contain toxic chemicals
- Safe to use a wide range of surfaces
- Very effective on adhesive residue
- Great for removing tape and sticker residue
- The surface may feel slippery if Goof Off is not cleaned completely.
5. Sentinel 626 Carpet Adhesive Remover
This adhesive remover is ideal for getting rid of stuck carpet padding on the concrete floor.
It is a water-based biodegradable formulation that acts very strongly on latex, acrylic, and adhesive.
This remover is safe to use not only on concrete but also terrazzo, vinyl tile, ceramic, and wood substrate.
- It is odorless
- Very effective and powerful on carpet adhesive
- Does not contain toxic chemicals
- Works on a wide range of surfaces
- Needs to be left overnight on the floor for best results
Removing mastic or adhesive from the concrete floor needs a lot of elbow grease if you don’t have the right tools. But if you choose the best adhesive remover for concrete, you will have an easier time.
All you need to do is to apply the adhesive remover to the dry glue and then leave it for some time to loosen it up.
For the best results, it is advisable to let the adhesive remover sit overnight and then scrape it off with a scraping tool.