Are you looking for the best bath mat for textured tub surface or shower that is non-slip? The problem with textured surfaces is that the ordinary mats do not stick quite well.
Most have suction cups to help them grip firmly onto the surface but they don’t always stay stuck on a textured bathtub or shower. Therefore, it is recommended that the best bath mat for textured tubs should not have suction cups.
In this review, we shall look at some of the best bath mats that are great for both textured surfaces. But first, here are our top 3 in case you don’t have time to read this full review.
- A comparison table of the best bath mat for textured tub
- Review of the best non slip bath mat for textured tubs
- 1. Sultan’s linens foldable non-slip rubber bath mat for textured and reglazed tubs
- 2. Original Refinished Bathtub Mat with No Suction Cups
- 3. No suction cup bath mat for refinished tub
- 4. Non-slip bath mat no suction cups for refinished reglazed tub
- 5. Webos Foldable Non-Slip Silicone Bath Mat for Reglazed Tub
- 6. Shower mat without suction cups for textured floor
- Factors to consider when choosing the best bath mat for textured tub surface
- FAQ about bath mat for refinished and textured bathtub
A comparison table of the best bath mat for textured tub
Review of the best non slip bath mat for textured tubs
1. Sultan’s linens foldable non-slip rubber bath mat for textured and reglazed tubs
This bath mat is specially designed for textured. It doesn’t have suction cups, which as we already mentioned do not stick well on a textured surface.
In place of suction cups, the mat has an anti-honeycomb texture design that helps to ensure it sticks securely onto the tub without slipping.
The mat has drainage holes to allow it to dry fast as well as prevent the growth of mold.
Most importantly, it is foldable. Thus, you can store it in a drawer when dry and not in use or bring it along when traveling. You can also fold it and leave it at the edge of the tub to dry.
This foldable bath mat is made of 100% rubber and comes in 2 sizes and in 4 different colors; pink, teal, taupe, and blue.
Important points to note
- Always place the mat first before filling the tub so that it can stick to the bottom firmly and prevent floating.
- Rinse it well and hang to dry before storing it to prevent mildew
- Spray it with oxy clean once in a while to prevent build-up.
- Stays down in the tub without slipping
- Holds great on a smooth ceramic tub
- It is heavy and feels solid so doesn’t float on water
- Does not smell rubbery
- Not machine washable since its made of heavy rubber
- It might tear along the folds if stored folded every time
2. Original Refinished Bathtub Mat with No Suction Cups
Although this bath mat has texturized rings at the bottom, it actually works very well on textured surfaces. This is attributed to the fact that it does not have suction cups, which tend to slip away on textured surfaces.
The texturized rings do a reverse suction enabling the mat to stick firmly onto the tub without slipping or damaging the tub. The rings also offer luxury massage for your feet so that you feel comfortable stepping on the mat.
In addition, it is made of rubber so it is PVC Vinyl free, which makes it ideal for young kids and senior people as well.
- It is heavy enough to make it sturdy in the tub
- Stays put on a textured tub or shower
- Easy to remove after use
- Cleans easily
- Seams may come off after frequent use
See also: Best freestanding tub faucet
3. No suction cup bath mat for refinished tub
This is also one of few bath mats that do not have suction cups so there is no pulling or marring of your tub’s finish.
It is, however, held in place by pressure applied on the reverse texturized rings or cups when you step on it during a bath or shower.
You can use this mat on the texturized shower floor and it will hold just fine. This is because it is long enough to cover a larger surface in the shower.
It is also very easy to clean. Since it is dirt resistant, simply rinse it well after use and hang it air dry over a towel on the side of the tub or on a rack. This helps to prevent the growth of mold and bacteria.
- Machine washable
- Does not discolor
- Mold resistant
- Stays flat at the bottom without slipping
- Works great for reglazed tubs
- It has a good length
- The edges start to rip after frequent usage
4. Non-slip bath mat no suction cups for refinished reglazed tub
This is a non-skid bath mat that is made from texturized rubber to enable it to hold firmly at the bottom of the tub.
The texturized rubber provides a sure footing so as to prevent you from slipping.
The absence of suction cups means that you can rest assured that you’re your newly reglazed bathtub will not be damaged.
- Made from long-lasting premium rubber
- Machine washable
- Designed specifically for reglazed/refinished tubs
- Works great on textured tabs too
- Stays put without slipping
- Requires a little scrubbing to clean it properly
5. Webos Foldable Non-Slip Silicone Bath Mat for Reglazed Tub
Webos brand recently entered the market with these amazing bath mats meant for textured tubs or reglazed ones.
The mats measure 28 inches long by 14 inches wide and come in different colors; green, blue, grey, white, and beige.
Most importantly, they do not have suction cups, which helps them to adhere to textured surfaces. In addition, they have an anti-slip honeycomb textured to enhance grip under the feet and prevent slipping.
The mats are 100% silicone; hence, they are very flexible. You can fold and store away when not in use.
- Does not have suction cups
- Designed specifically for textured or reglazed tubs
- They are very flexible
- Do not slip
- Machine washable
- Fast drying
- None so far
6. Shower mat without suction cups for textured floor
Some showers have very slippery surfaces while others are textured. Either way, finding an appropriate bath mat for such surfaces can be quite challenging. If you currently facing this problem, then this is the shower mat you need.
This bath mat is designed to stick firmly on the shower floor without the use of suction cups. It is ideal for shower stalls that have a rough texture that prevents the ordinary mats from staying put.
It has drainage holes to allow water to drain off quickly as you take a shower as well to promote quick drying. To allow easier drainage, ensure that the center hole is perfectly aligned with the drain.
After using it, rinse off well and hang it to dry. The holes on the side come in handy when hanging the mat.
- Machine washable
- Does not slip
- Holds firmly on reglazed shower floors without scratching
- No suction cups
- Some users have found the drainage holes, especially the one at the center, too small and have to be manually enlarged.
See also: Best finish for bathroom faucets
Factors to consider when choosing the best bath mat for textured tub surface
We understand that buying a bath mat for a textured tub is not easy. That is why we decided to discuss some of the important factors you should consider before making that purchase decision.
Should not have suction cups
While most bath mats have suction cups to enable them to stick firmly on the surface, you do not need them for your textured tub or shower.
This is because the suction cups don’t stick well on a textured surface so they cause the mat to slip easily.
Size of your tub
Tub sizes differ in that some are small while others tend to be quite big. You want a mat that will cover a large surface on the tub floor so measure your tub first before making that purchase decision.
If the mat is too small, the edges may become a tripping hazard. On the other hand, if it’s too big it may cover the drain or the edges may arise on the sides of the tub and become a tripping hazard as well.
The most important thing to consider about the material of a bath mat is that it should not contain any toxic chemicals. A bath mat can be made of vinyl, rubber, or memory foam so check to ensure that it is BPA free, phthalates free, and PVC free. It should also be free from any allergens that can irritate your skin.
Cleaning and drying
How easy is it to clean the tub and how quickly does it dry? It is important to ensure you choose a material that is easy to clean up and dries fast to prevent the growth of mildew.
Some bath mats are machine washable, which eases cleaning.
Design and color
The design and color you choose depend on your preference and bathroom décor. However, contrasting colors tend to be more appropriate. They help you to see the mat clearly before stepping to prevent slipping. Kids, on the other hand, might be attracted to bright colors and fun-cartoon-like designs.
See also: Best shower curtain for your tub
FAQ about bath mat for refinished and textured bathtub
1. What is a textured tub?
A textured tub refers to one that is designed with a rough texture to make it non-slip at the bottom. The nonslip texture is usually in form of indentations at the bottom surface of the tub. These indentations are meant to provide a firm grip on the feet when one is taking a shower.
2. What kind of bath mat works on a tub that is textured?
Bath mats with suction cups will not stick to rough surfaces like textured tubs. So the kind of bath mat that works on such tubs should not have suction cups.
Some bath mats have texturized rings that do a reverse suction when stepped on in order to hold firmly in place.
All the mats we have reviewed in this article are specially designed for textured tub surfaces.
3. How to get a bath mat to stick to a textured tub?
For a bath mat to stick to a textured tub, it must not have suction cups as earlier stated.
To prevent it from slipping and floating on the water, place the mat first before filling the tub. This will ensure it sticks firms to the bottom.
4. How do you make a textured bathtub non slip?
A textured tub may still feel very slippery due to soap and grime putting you at risk of slipping.
You can make it non-slip by placing a bath mat designed for textured tubs and reviewed above. Also, you can place non-slip bath stickers that have a strong adhesive for sticking to textured surfaces
One of the major challenges with textured tubs is cleaning. Soap, grime, and dirt tend to accumulate on the textured surface making it difficult to clean.
Scrubbing the tub is one way to remove all the accumulated dirt but it will require quite some muscle. You can however use an electric toothbrush or an oscillating brush to make the scrubbing less tedious. Use cleaning products like Scrubbing bubbles shower foamer or potassium hydroxide when scrubbing.
Another easier option is to use limescale remover. It not only removes limescale but also grime and other accumulated dirt. To clean the tub, simply apply the remover and let it sit for some time so that it can dissolve the dirt. Rinse off or wipe it down. Repeat until you are satisfied with the results.
See also: Top 5 Linear drains for shower
After reviewing several products, we concluded that the above mats are the top 5 best bath mat for textured tub surfaces. This is because they do not have suction cups that prevent the mats from sticking onto textured surfaces.
Thus, when choosing a suitable bath mat, ensure that it does not have suction cups. It should, however, stick firmly onto the tub or shower surface to prevent slipping.