The best griddle for glass top stove should have a flat bottom. This is because glass top stoves have a smooth and level surface that ensures that heat is evenly distributed around the griddle when cooking.
If the griddle has a slightly warped or bowed bottom, it will not lay flat on the glass top burner. Hence, using it will be difficult since heat will be not be distributed evenly at the bottom.
Moreover, the griddle should have a non-stick coating at the bottom so as not to scratch the glass top and damage it.
In this article, we shall review 5 of the best griddles that won’t damage your glass top stove.
But for a quick pick, here are the top 3 based on customer reviews and experiences.
- Chef’s Design Griddle
- Lodge Pre-seasoned cast iron reversible griddle
- Whirlpool 439609RB Range Griddle
Best Griddle for Glass Top Stove Reviews
1. Chefs Design Griddle
It measures 20 inches long and 12 inches wide with high sides to prevent oils and fats from spilling onto the stovetop.
In addition, the cooking surface is non-stick so it is ideal for all types of foods including pancakes, bacon, and eggs among others.
This griddle is not as heavy as cast iron so it conducts heat well.
Another unique feature of this griddle is that it quickly thaws frozen meat. All you need to do is simply place the frozen meat or steak on it at room temperature and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Does not warp even under high heat so it is ideal for gas, electric, flat, and glass top stoves.
- High quality
- Wipes of easily without staining
- The raised sides prevent oils and fats from spilling out
- It is non-stick
- It is a bit solid and heavy so you need to be careful when placing it on a glass top stove
2. Lodge Pre-seasoned cast iron reversible griddle
Lodge pre-seasoned griddle measures 20 inches long by 10.5 inches wide so it fits on most two-burner stoves.
The griddle comes pre-seasoned; hence ready to use and your food will not stick.
In addition, it can be used on either side. One side has a smooth flat surface while the other has a grill. Thus, it can be used to fry, sauté, fry, and bake.
However, this griddle is made of cast iron so it is quite heavy than the cast aluminum griddle.
Nonetheless, it can be used on nearly all cooking surfaces including electric, flat, and glass stovetops
- Comes pre-seasoned
- High quality cast iron
- It is oven safe
- Has two sides; hence, very versatile
- It heats evenly and consistently even on glass top stove
- Best for camping
- Doesn’t work well on induction cooktops.
- Ideal for 2 burner cooktops only
3. Whirlpool 439609RB Range Griddle
This range griddle is designed specifically for your appliance with high-quality parts and accessories.
It is made from commercial-grade cast aluminum, which makes it durable and long-lasting.
The griddle is perfect for glass-topped stoves because it has a flat surface that makes it lay flat on the burner.
Moreover, it can be used to not only cook a range of foods but also thaw frozen foods without heat.
In addition, it has recessed channels that drain oil and fat so as to clean the stovetop clean.
- It has a non-stick surface
- Very easy to clean with clean warm soapy water
- High-quality griddle that is very durable
- No need to use grease with it when cooking
- Does not warp so it lays flat on glass top
- It spreads the heat evenly
- It is not dishwasher safe
4. NutriChef Cast Iron Reversible Grill plate
This is a heavy-duty cast iron griddle that features a smooth side and a ribbed side.
The smooth side best suited for making eggs, grilled cheese sandwiches, and pancakes while the ribbed side is ideal for chicken, fish, and steak grilling.
Both sides are non-stick so there is no need to use oil, butter, or cooking spray.
Most importantly, it is safe to use on all types of counter cooktops including induction, glass, electric, gas, and ceramic.
This is attributed to the fact that it can withstand temperatures as 480 degrees F.
- It comes with heat resistant silicone oven grab mitts
- Safe to use in the oven
- Does not warp
- Easy to clean since its non-stick
- Does not rust
- Very versatile in that it can be used to grill a variety of foods
- Great for camping
- Needs to be cured before using for the first time (Comes with instructions on how to do this)
See also: Why is my cast iron sticky after seasoning?
5. The Whatever Griddle pan by Jean Patrique
This is a griddle pan made of cast aluminum so it’s lighter than the ordinary cast iron.
It is about 4.5 inches deep, which keeps grease inside the pan when sizzling or grilling. This ensures that no mess is created on the stovetop thereby making cleaning easier.
In addition, it has a glass lid with an escape valve that lets out excess pressure when grilling and is oven safe. The lid also keeps the food moist thereby minimizing the need to use too much oil.
Whatever pan can withstand high temperatures of about 450 degrees F. The base of the pan is bonded steel that heats up quite quickly and evenly and retains heat for a longer period.
This griddle can be used over induction, ceramic, gas, glass, and electric hobs.
- Very versatile
- It’s suitable for all ovens and hobs
- Has a non-stick surface
- Doesn’t smoke when in use
- It’s not as heavy as cast iron
- High-quality non-toxic finish
- Very easy to clean
- Does not come with instructions on how to season it
- The handles tend to get extremely hot so be careful when cooking
See also: Best floating shelves for kitchen
Glass top stoves present several advantages. For instance, they are easy to clean since they have a smooth surface. Also, the glass surface is well leveled, which ensures that heat is evenly distributed when cooking.
However, when it comes to choosing the best griddle for a glass top stove, you must consider several things.
The griddle must have a flat bottom so as to lay flat on the stovetop and it should be smooth as well.
While there are several griddles available, some tend to warp after some time. Once warped, they cannot lay flat on a glass top stove; hence, heat cannot be distributed evenly at the bottom, which renders them useless.
So choose carefully from the griddles we have reviewed above and you will not be disappointed.