There is no doubt that leather furniture is meant to last for years and years. However, as time goes by, exposure to sunlight leaves the couches and sofas faded and dry. In order to maintain their appearance, you may need to get the best leather color restorer balm or cream.
Color restorer kits for leather differ from one brand to another. Some are meant to be used on non-absorbent leather while others are ideal for absorbent leather.
For this reason, it is important to ensure the recoloring leather repair balm you pick is right for the type of leather on your furniture.
Thus, in order to make it easier for you, we will review the top 5 color restoration balms and creams in this article.
- Best leather recoloring balm comparison table
- Best leather color restorer balm and cream kit
- FAQ about the best leather color restorer
Best leather recoloring balm comparison table
Best leather color restorer balm and cream kit
1. FORTIVO Store leather color restorer for furniture
Fortivo color restorer for furniture can be used for both leather and vinyl items like couches and car seats.
It not only restores the color but also hides unappealing scratches and protects the furniture from direct sun exposure.
This recoloring balm comes in three different colors; dark brown, tan, and black so you can choose the one that is suitable for your furniture.
Most importantly, this balm is made from components that are friendly to all leather and vinyl surfaces.
- It is multipurpose. It can be used on all leather items like car seats, saddle, boots, and belts, and not just couches and sofas
- Perfect leather, vinyl, and faux leather items
- Restores the color, sheen, and softness of furniture
- It does not rub off after application
- Comes with a soft applicator pad
- Does not contain harsh or toxic substances
- None so far
2. Furniture Clinic leather recoloring balm
This balm is ideal for faded leather couches, recliners, sectionals, sofas, car seats, and other upholstery at home.
It can also be used to cover small cat scratches and minor peeling on any leather product.
However, this balm can only be used on absorbent leather, that is, leather that does not have a finish on top. For this reason, you must first test the ability of your leather to absorb the liquid before purchasing this cream.
To do this, simply pour a few drops of water on your leather furniture. If it soaks in, the leather is absorbent but if it rolls down or beads up, it is not absorbent, which indicates that it has a finish.
It is recommended to apply the leather protection cream after application of the color restorer balm so as to make it long-lasting.
- It is easy to apply
- Absorbs fast into the leather
- Quickly restores faded leather
- Hides scratches and cracks
- No bad odor
- It works great on absorbent leather only
- Easily rubs off if wiped with a damp cloth
See also: Best battery pack for reclining sofas
3. Drtulz Leather repair kits for recoloring faded leather
Drtulz cream can be used to restore color, cracks, and scratches on both vinyl and leather items. This helps to restore the items to their pristine condition and supple texture.
This cream comes with all the tools needed for application, which includes a pair of gloves and applicator sponges.
Use the applicator sponges to apply and then use the buffer pad after it dries to give the leather a glossy finish.
- It is very easy to apply
- Does not rub off
- A little goes a long way
- Lasts long
- Perfect for hiding pet scratches and cracks on leather
- None so far
4. SUKYED leather recoloring balm and cream
The SUKYED leather cream is ideal for shielding leather furniture from direct sun exposure.
It also helps to hide wear and tear, scratches, and faded and peeling leather.
This balm can be used on vinyl too as well as faux and synthetic items.
- It is waterproof
- Does not rub off
- Easy to apply
- Hides all crack easily
- Not suitable for absorbent, waxed, pearl, patent, hard and frosted leather, and suede
5. Coconix leather and vinyl repair kit and scratch filler
If you have noticed scratches, cracks, tears, holes, and rips on your leather furniture, this repair kit restores and makes it look as good as new.
It is very easy to use since it comes with clear instructions that are very easy to follow.
In case you are not satisfied with the results, this repair kit is 100% risk-free where you can ask for a full refund.
- Easy application
- Perfect color match
- Dries quickly and does not rub off
- Multipurpose use
- Perfect for all leather and vinyl items
- None so far
See also: Best sofa covers for leather
FAQ about the best leather color restorer
1. What is leather recoloring balm?
A leather recoloring balm helps to restore color and repair worn out by masking scratches, peeling, and cracks.
The balm does a good job in maintaining the leather items in pristine condition, stain-free and supple.
They come in different shades such as brown, tan, black, and walnut so you should choose one that will blend well with the color of your leather furniture.
2. How does leather recoloring balm work?
The leather repair balms work by conditioning the leather to make it soft and supple which prevents cracking and peeling.
This also helps to mask scratches and restore faded leather since furniture absorbs the balm or cream completely.
3. Where to buy leather color balm?
You can buy leather color restorer balm from Amazon or from any furniture store.
4. Where can I get non-absorbent leather restorer?
Non-absorbent leather does not absorb the cream or balm due to its smooth finish. So if you have nonabsorbent leather furniture, it is best to first strip off the finish before applying the recoloring balm.
Alternatively, you can get color restorers meant for non-absorbent leather such as this Fieding’s Acrylic leather dye for smooth surfaces.
If you are looking to cover or hide faded patches, scratches, holes, cracks, and peeling on your leather upholstery, choose any of the 5 best leather color restorer balms and creams we have reviewed above.
Color restoring balms give your seats a pristine look leaving them looking as good as new. Thus, you do not have to buy a new leather sofa, couch, recliner, or chair.